Monday, February 19, 2007

Outreach to Fiji!!!



Last week our leaders gave us a slip of paper with the colors blue, red and green on it. They asked us to pray for a color...rather, that God would give us a color...this is how our outreach teams would be decided. My first instinct was blue, but I figured it was just because it was my favorite color. So I went to my spot on the boat where I can usually find some peace and quiet to ask God if blue was the color for me. I really felt Him saying that I was a new creation in Him, that this is a new beginning, and that He wanted me to pick green. Cool!!! But you know me...I have a bit of a tendency to second guess...everything! So I went back down to my bunk and took the slip of paper out of my pocket, when I unfolded it blue ripped off the end...the paper wasn't even folded there! So GREEN it is!!!
TEAM GREEN:
Caroline Black
Celia Serre
Christa Hemstreet
Christina Jessup
Christine McAlpine
David Mulder
Esther Mitchell
Hope Bushby
Josh Clark
Kate Goodell
Matt Nelson
Nalani Hasto
Stacey Domingues
Emily Eucken

The plans are really sketchy right now and they really want us as a team to have the opportunity to pray about where to go and what to do specifically. We do know that we will be sailing from Auckland to Fiji on April 7th. We should arrive in Lautoka Fiji between on April 12th or 13th. We plan to spend a couple days there recovering from being sea sick before sailing to Yasawa for a week of outreach. Right now it looks like we will be doing some teaching in schools about how to take care of your teeth and true love waits, HIV...maybe a few other things. Then on April 22nd we will all sail to Venua Levu for another week of outreach in Savusavu. On April 29th we will break into our teams. Our team and the blue team will stay there in Venua Levu until around June 1. The red team will sail back to the main island of Fiji then fly to Samoa.
Now that we have our teams established and we are starting to meet and pray and plan it is all starting to seem very real!!! Our team would really appreciate your prayers as we plan and prepare. Apparently Fiji is a pretty dark place spiritually, so any prayers for wisdom, courage....all that good stuff would be great. Also just that we would really seek and hear from God about what He wants us to do for Him in that country. I will keep you posted! Much Love!!

No comments: