Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Lil' Weekend Fun





Weekends are GREAT!!!!! Couple weekends ago a friend of ours took Esther and I out on his jetski. Having been away from my car for six weeks now I have been craving driving something fast. My need for speed was satisfied...well, at least until I threw myself off! I was basically going full speed ahead and thought it would be a good idea to change directions and head back the other way. The jetski was cool with that, but my body was not!!! See if you can find my feet! It was one of those moments that you wish you could see how stupid you look.
Later on that night several of us went kayaking in the Glowworm Caverns. It was a bit scary kayaking through this lake at night...my night vision is terrible, I might as well have been blindfolded. Caroline and Celia were in the same kayak and got beached, they actually ran themsleves right onto land. They had to use their oars to push themselves out of the mud and then find the rest of the group. It may have been because english is not Celia's first lanuage, therefore she struggled a bit with left and right! The Glowworms were really cool though. We kayaked into this cavern where Glowworms lined the walls. It was like bright green stars all over the place. Once again the night vision thing came into play when I paddled Esther and I into the wall. I am happy to say that we all made it out safe and sound!

3 comments:

Mas said...

I cracked up when I read your story about the jetski...

When I first looked at the pictures, I seriously thought the one of you crashing was a whale spraying water!!

Glad u survived

kate said...

i love you!

kate said...

TAKE ME JETSKIING NEXT TIME!